Olga's Guide Service

in St. Petersburg

Go to homepage

www.hermitagemuseum.org

The Hermitage Museum - the biggest museum in Russia and one of the world's greatest museums - now numbers more than 3 million items, and among them 15 thousand original paintings of the world's greatest artists. My tour includes the highlights of Western-European art and the interiors of formal reception rooms of Russian Emperors situated in the Winter Palace which nowadays is part of the Hermitage Museum. What is the use of a more detailed description? It is so much better to see and experience it in reality than to read the best of descriptions. If you have any preferences/wishes for this tour, please let me know about it and I will do my best to accomodate your wishes. The Hermitage tour may last from 2 to 5 hours(and more!) depending on your wishes. Please note that there is practically no painting by Russian artists in the Hermitage. If you are interested in that (and this is well worth it !), you have to visit our museum of Russian Art called the State Russian Museum.

www.rusmuseum.ru

The Largest museum of Russian art. Like many other St Petersburg museums it is housed in the former palace with beautiful interiors and contains works by great Russian artists beginning with icons of the 13th century and up to the 20th century avant-garde art.

Email e-mail: olguide@gmail.com.

One of Europes hidden treasures, a world class city, Russia's gem...

This document maintained by Olga Miheyeva. This page was last updated on 27/10/2010